Understanding Drives and Controls for technical translators
eCPD invited Bob Dobson, an expert on the subject of drives and controls, to talk to us about the huge variety of drives and controls for technical translators at work in industry today.
The presentation covers:
- The many type of motor and their differing features, benefits and applications
- Drives and variable speed control for industrial motors
- Speed matching, speed profiling, multi-axis machinery
- Energy saving
- AC vs DC
- Servomotors and servo amplifiers, precision motion
- Steppers and other less common types of motors
- Linear motors
- Controls – simple, PLC (programmable logic control), and higher level systems
- Enterprise-wide integration.
CIOL membership discount: 10% (the code is available on the membership page)
1 hour 12 min.
Who should watch it?
This webinar is aimed at translators working in technology/engineering fields.
What are the benefits to you?
The speaker provides an introduction to complex technical issues for non-engineers working as technical translators. The idea is not to make you into engineers, but to develop a fluency with the basic concepts and specialist vocabulary for translation purposes. You’re going to increase your terminology base in the topic of drives and controls for technical translators.