Understanding Hydraulics and Pneumatics for technical translators
eCPD invited Bob Dobson, an expert on the subject of hydraulics and pneumatics, to give a seminar on these two fields – so important in many industrial processes today.
The presentation covers:
- Basic theory of hydraulics
- Basic theory of pneumatics
- The difference between the two
- Common uses for hydraulics
- Common uses for pneumatics
- Issues relating to hydraulics, e.g filtration, size, environmental concerns
- Issues relating to pneumatics, e.g. noise, low cost, accuracy, speed
- Electrical alternatives to hydraulics and pneumatics
- Water hydraulics.
CIOL membership discount: 10% (the code is available on the membership page)
1 hour 5 minutes.
Who should watch it?
This webinar is aimed at translators working in technology/engineering fields. The speaker provides an introduction to complex technical issues for non-engineers. It’s essential if you’d like to know more about hydraulics and pneumatics for technical translators.
What are the benefits to you?
This webinar will increase your knowledge about hydraulics and pneumatics for technical translators. The idea is not to make you into engineers, but to develop a fluency with the basic concepts and specialist vocabulary for translation purposes. It’s definitely going to help you grow your terminology base and understanding of essential concepts.