Is Post-Editing MT for Me?
Sceptical about machine translation?
Love it or hate it, an increasing numbers of clients are requesting post-editing services on the output from machine translation. This webinar will help you assess whether it would make business sense for you to provide a post-editing MT service.
This is the second of a two-part series on the subject of machine translation (see here for the first one). It covers:
- the basics of machine translation to help you make an informed decision for long term projects.
- guidelines to predict the amount of effort that will be required for each post-editing job and your profitability, including tracking time, calculating the percentage of edits you need to achieve a usable translation, etc.
- post-editing guidelines: to change or not to change?
- advanced post-editing: automating fixing of recurring errors through search and replace with regular expressions.
- the role of the post-editor: fixer of mistakes or contributor to system development?
Rubén R. de la Fuente
Who should watch it
Both new and established translators interested in post-editing services for machine translation.
What are your benefits of watching
This webinar will increase your knowledge about machine translation and post-editing.