Polish Legal Translation
eCPD Webinars teamed with Łucja Biel, the highly acclaimed expert in Polish Legal Translation into and from Polish and English, to present a webinar on translating legal texts from and into Polish.
The video covers:
- A brief introduction to legal translation and its challenges
- Differences between legal English and legal Polish, typical language issues and errors, examples of decoding errors
- Techniques and strategies of dealing with legal terms in translation
- Practical examples with company law and criminal procedure terminology
- Recommendations for self-study.
The objective of the video is to raise awareness of legal translation problems, language problems in English-Polish translation and to learn strategies for dealing with them.
The video is conducted in Polish with interaction both in English and Polish.
CIOL membership discount: 10% (the code is available on the membership page)
1 hour 6 min.
Who should watch it?
Both new and established translators in Polish and English legal systems, differences between them and legal translation.
What are the benefits to you?
This video will increase your knowledge of Polish law and legal translation.