Project management for freelance translators (3 parts)
Nowadays, freelance translators do much more than just translate. Even if you are working alone from your home office, you represent a business, with the responsibility of managing a wide variety of tasks and fields.
That’s why it is so important to effectively manage your translation projects in order to improve your business organisation, productivity and efficiency.
Have you ever thought that you don’t necessarily have to work in an agency to be a translation project manager?
Take full control of your business and learn how project management tools and techniques can help you to meet the increasingly demanding requirements from your clients.
In these webinars we will cover the following topics:
- Project management – basic concepts and definition
- The lifecycle of a translation project and knowledge areas
- The importance of project management for the success of your freelance business
- PM software: Managing several projects at the same time
- Organisation and time management apps
- Quoting: Prices and metrics
- Communication with clients: end clients vs translation agencies
- CRM – Keeping and enlarging your clientele
- How to become the preferred choice for a translation company’s PM
- 60 GBP – 72 € (APTRAD MEMBERS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly to receive your discount code)
- CIOL membership discount: 10% (the code is available on the membership page)
Luísa graduated in Specialised Translation, branch English/German by ISCAP (School of Accounting and Administration of Porto) and she is an English and German into Portuguese translator since 2001, being technical and medical her main fields of specialisation in translation. She is a co-founder of Mind Words® branding (www.mind-words.com), a founding member of APTRAD (Portuguese Association of Translators and Interpreters) and a member of IAPTI. Luísa has 12 years of experience as a project manager and as a trainer and speaker.
Rui graduated in Translation Studies in 2006 and he is a freelance translator working from English, Spanish and French into Portuguese. He has a wide experience as a project manager and also as a trainer and speaker in several conferences. He works essentially in IT/Computers, Technology, Marketing, Business, and Tourism areas. He is a co-founder of Mind Words® branding (www.mind-words.com), a founding member of APTRAD (Portuguese Association of Translators and Interpreters) and a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (IoL).
With a Master’s Degree in Translation Studies, Teresa currently works as a freelance translator from English/German into European Portuguese. She worked for 10 years as a project manager at a translation agency and is a current member of APTRAD (Portuguese Association of Translator and Interpreters). With a deep knowledge of market trends, responsive attitude and a reinforced commitment with client’s expectations, she combines strong project management skills with CAT-Tool proficiency, delivering high-quality standards under TAGS – Language Solutions branding (www.tags.pt). She is certified as a Project Management Professional by the PMI.
160 minutes (around 50 minutes per webinar)
Who should watch it?
Any translator looking to know more about translation project management project management skills, agency project managers, translation students and graduates, and basically everyone interested in this topic.
What are the benefits to you?
After these 3-webinar series you will:
- Have a deeper understanding of the project management key concepts
- Understand the several tasks and stages of a translation project
- Know the importance of solid project management knowledge in your daily life as a freelancer
- Get to know several software tools and helpful apps that you can quickly apply to your work
- Understand the difference between communicating with end clients and translation agencies, and learn several techniques to keep and grow your customer base.
- Find out how you can attract agency PM attention and become their preferred choice.