Resilience in the Digital Age
Stress affects busy professionals in multiple ways; the continuous use of technology, a sedentary lifestyle and the lack of deep rest aggravate these issues, which in some cases become chronic. Their posture suffers from spending long hours at (often) imperfect work stations; symptoms such as carpal tunnel syndrome, a stiff neck and back due to long hours at the computer are very common, as are poor flexibility, reduced range of motion, unwanted weight gain and a slow metabolism.
This three-part series is interactive and practical. Gabriela Bocanete will introduce a series of powerful yoga techniques that, if practised regularly, can boost the levels of fitness, energy, and wellbeing of professionals, while cleansing and improving the functioning of their internal organs.
Part one: Proper Posture and Ergonomics – 16 May
- ‘Perfect alignment’ – what does it feel/look like?
- How are body parts balanced, and what holds it all together? What if some of these parts are frequently misaligned?
- Workstation ergonomics, recommended adjustments for other seated activities.
- Practical exercises that can be done in the office: for wrists, arms, neck and upper back, for the eyes.
Part two: Breathe and Change Your Life – 23 May
- The respiratory system, anatomy and physiology; its relation with other body parts and the way it affects them.
- Three-part breath – a breathing technique
- Ujjayi breathing, or how to increase your physical, mental and emotional endurance.
- How to optimise your breathing while you work out your core muscles.
Part three: Nutrition for Optimal Brain Performance – 30 May
- What are super-foods? Which ones can you easily incorporate to boost your nutrient intake?
- Myth-busting about fats and sugars
- The enteric nervous system; the microbiome
- Ways to activate the digestive system and other suitable exercises
Who should watch it?
This webinar is for people who work in front of a computer, people who are using mobile devices extensively and for those who wish to increase their levels of vitality and wellbeing.
What are the benefits to you?
This seminar will help you become more aware of your body and how you can best look after it while you work, to become more calm and increase your vitality.
An accomplished conference interpreter, speaker and interpreter trainer, Gabriela Bocanete was born and educated to degree level in Timisoara, Romania, before moving to Bogota, Colombia with her young family. In South America she worked as a translator and interpreter, studied Business Management, Business Coaching and co-founded the Asociación Colombiana de Traductores e Intérpretes, serving on the Council for over 10 years. Later she came back to Europe and set her base in Rickmansworth, UK. Since 2007 she has been a strategic member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists’ Interpreting Division’s Management Committee.
Having benefited from a regular yoga practice for several years, she qualified as a Yoga Teacher and started teaching it to other professionals. A Certified Personal Performance Coach, she later studied Nutritional Therapy and Using Food as Medicine, to apply all these health-enhancing disciplines in a holistic approach that produces multiple benefits. For more information about Gabriela, please visit www.GabrielaBocanete.com.
- CIOL membership discount: 10% (the code is available on the membership page)
- Each of these sessions costs 25 GBP bou you only pay 60 GBP if you purchase all three.
16, 23 and 30 May 2019
4:00pm UK time. Click here to see the time where you live. Please note that registrations close 60 minutes before the start time.
Approx. 60 minutes plus Q&A.
This webinar earns one hour of CPD (ATA approved for one point). Our webinars and courses are accredited by the CIOL and by the Dutch Bureau Wbtv as ‘erkende opleiding’ (approved training). ITI members may also log this webinar on their CPD record. The same is true of most other professional institutes.