An introduction to Russian English legal translation
eCPD is delighted to announce a new webinar specifically for translators in RU-EN language pair. We invited Siriol Hugh-Jones, a translator and former lawyer who has practised law in London and Moscow. Who better to introduce us to Russian English legal translation?
- The webinar will look briefly at the two different legal systems in Russia and the UK but also mention some of the differences between the UK and other English-speaking jurisdictions (e.g. the US).
- We will then attempt to outline a few cases where the two systems meet (e.g. choice of law clauses) and describe a practical approach to some of the problems posed by the different systems.
- The third section will look at some of the terminology.
This course contains:
- UK and Russian legal systems: a few basic concepts, similarities and differences
- Where the two systems meet
- Legal translation in practice
CIOL membership discount: 10% (the code is available on the membership page)
1 hour and 4 min.
Who should watch it?
Both new and established translators working in the Russian – English language pair, interested in Russian English legal translation.
What are the benefits to you?
This webinar will increase your knowledge about Russian English legal translation.