Taking the Diploma in Translation – What is it worth to you?
The IoLET Level 7 Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) has been referred to as “the gold standard for anyone wanting a career as a freelance translator”. In this video, distinguished translator and Diploma in Translation tutor and invigilator Philippe Muriel will explain what is involved in preparing for and sitting this examination. Will the investment of time and money prove to be worth it?
The presentation includes:
- What is the DipTrans? (A brief history)
- What’s in it for me? How the qualification is viewed by potential clients
- The essential details you need to know about the exam
- How to prepare – the types of courses available and the level of personal study required
- The day of the exam
- Questions & answers
By the end of the video, you will:
- Know what the DipTrans is and what the exam involves
- What preparation for the exam implies in terms of financial and personal commitment
- Be able to decide if this qualification is for you
Philippe Muriel has worked as a fully qualified interpreter and translator since 2006 and, as a tutor, has delivered interpreter/translator training since 2009. He also invigilates exams for IoLET, the Chartered Institute of Linguist’s awarding body.
- In 2011, his first DPSI class achieved the highest pass rate in the UK, for which he was awarded the Nuffield Trophy from IoLET.
- In 2012, he won the Corsellis Prize for the best individual DPSI Health exam result from IoLET.
- For the last three years, he has delivered CPD lectures throughout the UK.
- He is an external verifier for “One Awards”.
- Further details on request.
Who should watch it?
Ideally, viewers should already be able to produce very good quality translations. They could be postgraduates in languages or new holders of the DPSI who are contemplating a career as a professional translator. They may also be experienced translators who have worked in the industry for many years and are considering adding this valuable qualification to their portfolio.
What are the benefits to you?
By investing in this video you will obtain a very clear picture of whether the Diploma in Translation exam will be a worthwhile investment in your career development plans. You will be in a position to start your path towards this highly prestigious qualification.