Who we are
The company offers high-quality online training and online webinars to help translators, interpreters and other professional linguists develop their careers and run their businesses efficiently and profitably. We organise special online training courses for in-depth study, as well as more general on-line webinar training for all levels of translator and interpreter.
eCPD Webinars is a small company, based in the UK, and run by its three directors, Lucy Brooks, Maia Figueroa and Marta Stelmaszak. They are assisted by associate Jessie Doppler. Our head office is in West Sussex in the UK, with a regional office in Barcelona, Spain. We are supported by a team of speakers from all over the world. We are a limited company, registered in the UK as eCPD Ltd. Company registration no. 7230693. Registered address: The Courtyard, Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, Steyning, West Sussex BN4 3TN.
eCPD Webinars was formed in April 2010 in response to an increasing demand for hassle-free, flexible professional development (CPD, also known as PD, continuing education or lifelong learning). This followed the resounding success of a series of webinars run by Managing Director and founder, translator Lucy Brooks.
eCPD Webinars is now accredited by the CPD Standards Office in the UK, in partnership with the Chartered Institute of Linguists. This attests to the quality of the training and presentations we provide. We have also received accreditation from the Dutch Bureau Wbtv.
Lucy Brooks is a qualified translator. Her credentials include Chartered Linguist, and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Linguists in the UK. As a translator, she understands the need for CPD for her peers. She was joined in 2012 by Maia Figueroa, a highly acclaimed literary translator based in Spain. Maia has added her own imprint to the programme. In April 2015 the pair were joined by Marta Stelmaszak, who is also a Chartered Linguist, and member of the Chartred Institute of Linguists. She is responsible for a new and more functional website and the streamlined booking process. She is also responsible for new business development.
What we do
eCPD Webinars enables busy and committed professionals in language-related industries to learn from the top experts in their field and to improve their careers, all from the comfort of their home or office.
We do this in two ways:
- By offering a programme of relevant events directly to individual linguists.
- By organising and promoting events on behalf of organisations and companies.
eCPD Webinars is dedicated to language professionals and to anyone working in the language industry, including translators, interpreters, terminologists, project managers and those working in areas such as localisation, subtitling, and technical writing.
- Our company is run by language professionals for language professionals.
- Our speakers are drawn from a pool of experts in their field.
- Our events currently attract attendees from all over Europe, North America, Asia, South America and Australasia.
- We are regular contributors to key industry publications on topics related to professional development for translators and interpreters.
- We are the only company to run online events on behalf of the American Translators Association and the UK’s Institute of Translators and Interpreters.