We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
Data we gather
We will collect personal information from you when you complete a form on this website to make a purchase, make an enquiry or subscribe to a service. The information we collect may include:
- Name and job title
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data.
When you pay by credit or debit card then the necessary payment details will be collected through a secure payment gateway.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us provide our services, understand what you are looking for from eCPD Limited, and it enables us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use your data to:
- Provide you with the services and products you have purchased
- Maintain our own internal records
- Improve the products and services we provide
- Contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- Periodically send promotional emails about our products
- Customise the website for you.
How we store your information
Our data and the data we collect is stored on a secure server based in the European Union. We use strict privacy procedures and data protection tools to prevent data loss or unauthorised access.
Cookies and how we use them
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Passing information to third parties
We do not sell, trade, transmit, or otherwise pass on your personal information to a third party without your prior approval.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.